Tahini & Turmeric Granola Bars Recipe (Vegan)
Granola bars are such a fabulous invention and this recipe from The Groovy Food Company has a great twist as it uses their coconut oil that is infused with turmeric. I love granola bars so I thought I’d share this recipe with you. If you make this recipe then post a photo on Instagram (I love to see photos ) and tag @KirlySuesKitchen and @TheGroovyFoodCompany
400g gluten free oats
100ml The Groovy Food Company Dark Agave Nectar
3 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Infused with Turmeric
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 Tsp cardamom
1/4 Tsp ground ginger
1/4 Tsp coriander
1/4 Tsp salt
1/8 Tsp black pepper
6 dates, pitted and chopped
100g pistachios, shelled and chopped
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread oats evenly on a large baking sheet and place in the oven for 8 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine agave nectar, tahini and turmeric infused coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, coriander, salt and black pepper and mix well. Add dates and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine toasted oats, pistachios and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add agave and tahini mixture and mix well to ensure the oats are well coated.
- Grease the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish and line well with parchment paper. Transfer oat mixture to the lined dish and flatten using your hands (compressing the mixture helps the bars hold together better).
- Bake for 25 mins and leave to cool for 15 before transferring out to a wire rack. Allow a further 10 minutes before cutting.
About The Groovy Food Company
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit