Raw Vegan Pad Thai
– 2 courgettes (zucchinis)
– 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts, approximately 2 cups
– 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
– 4 green onions, diced
– 1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)
– juice from one lime
– 1 tablespoon raw cold pressed olive oil
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 3/4 cup chopped or crushed raw nuts (use almonds, peanuts or cashews)
First, prepare your courgettes (zucchinis). Using a vegetable peeler, peel each entire courgette (zucchini) into thin strips. If you have a spiralizer or a large grater, you can also use those for a similar effect.
Combine the zucchini strips, bean sprouts, bell pepper strips, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and raw, cold-pressed olive oil (or another neutral-tasting cold-pressed oil you have on hand).
Sprinkle with sea salt and gently toss everything together to combine well.
Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste. You may prefer a bit more lime juice, olive oil or salt.
Top with chopped or crushed nuts and enjoy your raw vegan Pad Thai-style salad!