Skip to content
- Melted coconut oil for cooking
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of water
- Sift together into a bowl large bowl the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the water and mix until it forms a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough onto a lightly floured pastry board.
- Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough for a second time and divide equally into 4 balls.
- Roll out each one to a thin consistency to form about 8-10 inch circles.
- Brush each ball with a light coating of coconut oil.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet or pan over on medium heat.
- Add one roti dough at a time and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side until you see brown specks.
- Remove the dough and place onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining dough.
- Serve with chickpea curry or any of your favourite fillings