For The Plantain Cups
• 2 -2 ripe plantains
• Spray Oil
– Wash and peel the plantains
– Chop the plantain into 3-4 pieces
– Boil plantain until soft and tender.
– Drain the cooked plantain
– press the plantain into the oiled muffin tin to form the cups
– Bake at 180c / 350f or gas mark 4 for 20-30 minutes until golden brown
– Remove from muffin tins and allow to cool slightly
For The Filling
• 1 medium can of ackee (540g)
• 2 oz. coconut oil (plus a little more if needed)
• 1 Large Onion chopped
• 2 Plum tomatoes
• Half a green pepper chopped
• 1/2 Tsp. Salt
• 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
• ½ tsp season all (optional)
• 1 small scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
– Sauté onions, peppers and tomatoes until onions are soft.
– Open the can of ackee and drain the liquid from the tin.
– Add ackee to onions, peppers and tomatoes and fold together.
– Allow to cook for 2 minutes, and then add salt to taste.
– Add black pepper and scotch bonnet pepper
– Simmer on medium heat for another 3 – 5 minutes.
– Place 1-2 spoonfuls of ackee into the plantain cups an serve