I made this recipe using spelt flour and hesitated at first, as I thought it would come out dry and dense, but surprisingly for me it comes out quite light and is not dry either. The flavour is very more-ish.
I am pleased with this recipe as I am starting to be a little more adventurous with me creations and using ingredients that I don’t usually use , hence the spelt flour. Try it and upload a picture and comments on your experience of making this.
2 cups whole wheat spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup agave syrup (or maple syrup )
1 small banana – mashed
1 cup raisins
1 cup thick coconut milk
– Preheat oven to 350 F
– Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda , cinnamon.
– Add agave syrup, coconut milk, banana, raisins
– Stir just enough to combine ingredients
– Put mixture into a medium sized greased loaf tin and bake for 40 – 45 minutes
– Test with a tooth pick or cake tester, if it comes out clean the loaf is ready
– Remove from tin and cool on a wire wrack
– This can be eaten on its own or spread with vegan butter