Every week I interview an interesting vegan. Vegans come from all walks of life and can be found anywhere and everywhere around the world.
1. How long have you been a vegan? 3 months!
2. What inspired you to become a vegan? My friend unknowingly
3. What is your favourite vegan dessert Alpro Soya dessert
4. What’s the biggest lesson you have learned to date about veganism? Taking the decision was the hardest part. When mind is made up not that difficult to carry through. Never knew how good you could feel from making the switch. It really makes a difference to mind and body together becoming vegan. Calming and in harmony.
5. Which vegan person do you most admire and why? Carrie Ann Moss – I love this woman in the Matrix as Trilogy – I’d love to be her 🙂
6. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your vegan experience so far? Giving up Quorn
7. What 3 tips would you give to a new vegan? That’s easy one to answer as I am one ….1 be confident in why you are doing it. 2 Check, check, check everything you are looking to buy – its surprising the amount of egg and milk in products (it surprised me) 3 maybe get a few vegan cook books for inspiration but above all enjoy it.
8. What’s the best vegan book you’ve ever read? Becoming Vegan: The complete guide to adopting a healthy plant based diet by Brenda Davies
9. What is your hobby? Cooking
10. Which animal is your favourite Otter
11. What is your favourite vegan place to eat Love Hut on Holloway Road
12. Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why? the Far East – fascinating, ancient, completely different, loved the diet, spiritual, beautiful people
13. If you could meet any vegan in the world dead or alive who would it be and why? Al Gore
14. If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see? Martin Luther Kings “I have a dream speech” 1963
15. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day? Dalai Lama – to experience his mind for a day
Founder of BohoHemp and Poco Rosso