So who doesn’t love fries ? Well if you love fries then you will definitely love these oven baked sweet potato fries. This quick and easy recipe is one of my mid week go-to recipes when I want to make a quick meal
2 lb or 900 g medium sized sweet potatoes
– Preheat the oven to 475°F, 240°C or gas mark 9.
– Peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise into rectangular fries.
– Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
– Add the fries and cook for 8-10 minutes
– Drain and leave to dry for 10 minutes
– Return the chips to the dry saucepan,
– cover with a lid and shake to ”rough up” the edges of the fries (this roughness is important to the texture of the chips).
– Grease a baking tray with spray oil.
– Place the fries on the tray and spray lightly with spray oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides