Every week I interview an interesting vegan. Vegans come from all walks of life and can be found anywhere and everywhere around the world.
Job Title: Co-founder of TeenVGN
Facebook : Teen VGN
1. How long have you been a vegan?
I have been vegan for 4 years.
2. What inspired you to become a vegan?
I did it as a challenge and never looked back. It was all a learning experience for me.
3. What is your favourite vegan dessert?
Cheesecake! Salted Caramel.
4. What’s the biggest lesson you have learned to date about veganism?
You WILL make mistakes, all you can do is be the best you can be. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
5. Which vegan person do you most admire and why?
I admire all of my friends who are doing great things in the vegan community and actively working on bringing veganism into mainstream, Chantal and David from the VLA, Katy Beskow of Little Miss Meat Free, Karris and Scott from The Vegan Kind. These people are really pushing veganism out there and breaking the stigma.
6. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your vegan experience so far?
I’ve been pretty fortunate in that since I’ve been vegan, the market has vastly improved and I can pretty much get vegan alternatives everywhere, even in the little valley I live in. I’d say the most annoying thing though is when ingredients change, however there are so many great resources now that are helping us with these things.
7. What 3 tips would you give to a new vegan?
– Don’t be hard on yourself if you make a mistake.
– Get involved in the vegan community on social media.
– Go to lots of vegan festivals to stock up on good food!
8. What is your hobby?
I love to be active, penny boarding is my current favourite. I also love to travel and experience different cultures.
9. Which animal is your favourite?
That’s a tough question, I love all animals. My favourite are big cats though, lions manely 😉
10. What is your favourite vegan place to eat?
Currently love Anna Loka and Milgi in Cardiff. They are local to me so easy to get to and serve the most delicious food.
11. Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
My favourite city is Berlin, it’s like vegan heaven and it’s full of history and culture. Very interesting place, I’d recommend it to anyone.
12. If you could meet any vegan in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Probably someone who is constantly in the public eye, I’d like to ask them what they could do to promote veganism further. Someone like Usher maybe or Woody Harrelson, he’s cool.
13. If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
This is such a tough one.. I couldn’t choose. I love history so much, I wish I could have been around for so many different events. But, I do hope that I’m around to see what could be one of the biggest events in history, when we stop exploiting animals for good.
14. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
I’d like to be someone who has enough influence on the world to ban all suffering to animals in the food, entertainment and health industry. I don’t know for sure if that single person exists. But I do believe that that single person could be currently sitting at their desk in school, with their vegan packed lunch in their bag, planning a way to get their group of friends to ditch meat and dairy. Which is why I do what I do.