This is a really quick and easy recipe that can be done in no time at all. I have made these when I have had guests over for the weekend, and they are so quick to make I made them just a short while before I served them.
They are delicious served with savoury or sweet toppings. In addition, they can be serve as a starter for a meal…..try them this week , you will love them.
To watch the recipe video click here
-2 Cups of fine cornmeal
-1&1/2 Cup of wholemeal flour
-1/2 Cup of plain white flour
-2 tsp of baking powder
-2 tsp of salt
– 2 cups of coconut milk or Soya/almond/rice milk
– 2/3 cup of agave/maple syrup
– rapeseed/canola/olive oil
1. Sift together the dry ingredients and tip the brown bits from the wholemeal flour after sieving it, back into the bowl the stir it together.
2. In a separate bowl mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until its smooth then scoop out the mixture into the fairy cake paper cases on a baking trays.
3. Put the tray into the oven at 200 degrees or gas mark 5 for about 45 mins.