- Quorn has been on the market for years but has not been suitable for vegans in the past because the original recipe contains eggs. I am aware that many vegans have been asking the manufacturers to make a vegan version and finally it is here. Yaaay for vegans everywhere :0)… I am not sure of the stockists but I have heard it is available in Asda supermarket.
- I bought this fragrance from Lush this week. The smell is reminiscent of sunshine, summertime, beaches and holidays. I like the story behind their scents and this one was created to give us a lift during the dreary winter months we have to endure here in the UK…. Thank you for the sunshine we can enjoy all year round in the UK
3. I love this vegan friendly butter. Not only is it good to spread on your bread etc. it is also good when baking especially when you are making pastry.
Vitalite – vegan friendly butter
4. For those of you who have never heard of ackee, it is a wonder fruit that is eaten like a vegetable. You can have this with breadfruit, roasted vegetables, and even use it in vol-au-vent. This is very popular in Jamaica and is usually made with slat fish. However I have made a veganised version that keeps all the taste, flavour and spices but eliminated the fish.
5. I am trying to give up processed sugar. I have a sweet tooth so its going to take me a while. I have discovered this organic agave which is a great alternative to sugar. I used it when I made raisin bread this week. I am usually not a great fan of agave as it has a funny after taste that I don’t like. This organic one does not have that dodgy after taste, so I will be buying it again…(I just added it to my shopping list)