Skip to content
- 2-3 apples
- 1 large ripe mango (can also use 9 oz or 250 g of tinned mango puree)
- ½ medium pineapple (can also use 9 oz or 250 g of tinned pineapple)
- 6 oz or 170 g brown sugar
- 6 oz or 170 g vegan butter or margarine
- 10 oz or 280 g plain flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves (crushed)
- 2 oz or 50 g rolled oats
- 1 oz or 25 g digestive or ginger biscuits (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Peel the apples and roughly chop.
- Place in a pan with 4-6 tbsp of water and simmer for about 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mango and pineapple and set aside in an oven proof dish.
- Cut the margarine or butter into small cubes and add this to flour.
- Mix with your fingertips until it resembles an even crumb texture.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the crumble is golden and the apple mixture is hot.