What funny, ridiculous or obscure questions have you been asked about being a vegan? Or what amusing statements have people made when they realise that you are a vegan?
I have been a vegan for 18 months (at the time of writing this blog post) and I was a vegetarian for 25 years prior to that. Being a vegetarian was something most people I came across were familiar with, but when I became a vegan that is when the weird and wonderful questions and comments started.
I try not to get too offended as this only seems to make the situation worse. However some of the questions or statements I’ve had are really quite amazing in good, bad and indifferent ways. So I have selected the most amusing ones and for your entertainment here they are:
1. Are you vegan because you think it’s wrong to milk cows? …I think its molesting them really
2. I know you are a vegan so I have reserved the fish dish for you
3. Vegans do eat fish, because my cousin is a vegan and she eats fish
4. How do you get protein?
5. Oh you are a vegan ….so what do you eat?
6. I don’t ever eat any vegan food
7. I was vegan for a day once
8. I could never be a vegan I love my meat too much
9. I’m a vegan as I only eat Chicken and fish
10. I’m a vegan as I only eat chicken and chickens are vegetarian
11. Why are you a vegan?
12. I would be a vegan if I could cook
13. I want to be a vegan but it’s too hard to eat out
14. What made you decide to become a vegan?
15. You’ve gone from being vegetarian to being vegan ?– so you’ve gone from bad to worse
So there you have it, a list of the 15 most funny, ridiculous or obscure questions and statements. I am sure I am not the only one to have been in this situation… tell me what funny, ridiculous or obscure questions you have been asked about being a vegan?